Re: [at-l] Solophile's personal hangup

SaraSW@aol.com wrote:
[clip]
> And I 'spect it would be better all around not to comment on Paddler's notion
> that the other men may have feared that Fireball's instincts would "have
> him protecting his investment," Have never quite thought of myself as an
> investment before.

Don't take this wrong. The "investment" path that I was headed down is
not a conscious thing. There isn't a moment in this exchange where this
thought is clear and can be handled logically, the issue is one of
millions of years of evolution. The "investment" is partially in
building what relationship currently exists, and - in my opinion -
partially simple genetic coding where the opposite sex is concerned.

You may disagree with me at any level and I won't get upset. I believe
most of the male/female relationship is coded in our genes and not
sociocultural at all. I have visited cultures all over the world and
seen very few where roles are substantially different between the sexes.
By all means, comment.

Paddler (GA->ME 99)