Re: [at-l] Solophile's personal hangup

Kahley wrote:

> Just in case this ever happens to me, what do you think she should have
> said?  No flamage here..honest.  I've just been trying to think what she
> could have said and everything I come up with sounds 'whiney'.

I think it really depends on your personality (and I made a mistake when I
said "Solophile should of..."  I don't know her well enough to say what she
should have done.  It should have read more like "If it were me, I would have...).
In similar situations, my SO has been able to jump in with a humorous story
(and believe me, there are numerous true stories about how I got us lost,
forgot to pack an important piece of equipment, etc...) that shows we are
a team and I am definitely not the  backpacking "expert" of that team.  It
usually works well and doesn't leave anyone feeling like they've been given
the third degree.  There are other more direct ways to handle this situation,
and they may sound whiney or worse to some people.  I've found that good people
usually don't mind being told when they are acting in way that offends others.

> Jeez...it really is ingrained.....

I struggle with it on a daily basis.

                                 -Tom