Re: [at-l] Through Hikers vs. Weekenders (From rec.backcountry)

I, too, enjoyed weekenders when I was thru hiking.   They added a change
to the norm...and I agree, they sometimes gave us food!   I never thought
that any of the thru hikers I knew acted like they were better than
weekenders.  But there are such things as rude thru hikers just as there
are rude regular people.  I still don't think I'm better than a weekender
even though I finished.  I still have no sense of direction and sometimes
end up going the wrong way!

Gutsy