[at-l] re: blisters

jim wrote:

>>>   To prevent any further "kissing" from my other toes, I use Lambs
Wool and it seems to do the trick.   <<<

i too can vouch for lambs wool.  i had no problem with blisters until
virginia, when occassionally i would get them on the ends of my toes.
never, ever, had them there before.  i was hiking with my dad at the time,
and he gave me a wad of lambs wool.  i took some and made two strips which
i weaved between my toes.  worked great, and i continued to do it for the
rest of the hike.  if ever a single toe needed more padding, i just wrapped
it in more lambs wool.

the stuff lasts forever, and is reusable (for thruhikers, that is - i'd
just throw it away after a short hike).  it's a good idea to wash it
whenever you wash your clothes, as that restores the "loft" and cushioning
of the wool.  i put it in a zipped pocket.

mike
ke kaahawe