[at-l] Moleskin and Duct tape

Ken Bennett wrote:

> Went for a short hike Saturday (5 miles on the back side of Grandfather
> mtn). I'm still breaking in new heavyweight boots, but they haven't
> given me any real problems on two longer hikes and lots of short park
> walks.
>
> Until now. Mindful of the occasional hot spot on my heels and Achilles
> tendon area, I put on some moleskin before I put on my boots at the
> trailhead. Prevention being better than something. About a half mile up
> the trail, I noticed a bad hot spot on my left heel. Stopped, pulled off
> the boot, and found the moleskin rolled up in a little ball attached to
> the inside of my sock. Needless to say, the little ball of moleskin was
> ripping the heck out of my heel.
>
> Memo to Dr Scholl's: You will be hearing from my attorney.

Ken,

	The same thing happened to me with DR. Scholls moleskin.  It simply
doesn't stick well to the skin.  It's a rip off (Ha-Ha).  I than tried
duct tape and it also slipped from the heal.
	My hiking buddy than let me try his Coughlans Moleskin.  It stuck so
good that when I tryed to remove it, it ripped one of my blisters right
off my foot.  Believe me once you put Coughlans on its not coming off.
You can get Coughlans from Campmor for $3.50.  There is some in my pack
right now.
	I believe its the same with different brands of Duct Tape.  You just
have to find the right brand.  I'm experimenting with this now.  By the
way can anyone suggest a good brqand of Duct Tape.

Thanx
Brown Hawk