Re: [at-l] so I tried duct tape, and it didn't work

At 01:23 PM 5/18/97 PDT, Ken Bennett wrote:
>Until now. Mindful of the occasional hot spot on my heels and Achilles
>tendon area, I put on some moleskin before I put on my boots at the
>trailhead. Prevention being better than something. About a half mile up
>the trail, I noticed a bad hot spot on my left heel. Stopped, pulled off
>the boot, and found the moleskin rolled up in a little ball attached to
>the inside of my sock. Needless to say, the little ball of moleskin was
>ripping the heck out of my heel.
>
>Memo to Dr Scholl's: You will be hearing from my attorney.

Try Tincture of Benzoin on your skin before you put on the moleskin.

In general, you put a little on, let it dry (it gets tacky), then put on
whatever adhesive bandage you feel like.  It makes anything stick better.
One note though... if your blister, scrape, etc. is open, don't get the
stuff in the wound - it stings.

-- Jim Mayer