Re: [at-l] hiking without a stove

> Those of you who hike without a stove: what kinds of things do
> you usually eat, especially for dinner?

Dinner?!?! :)

Peanut butter crackers (Nabs), M&M chocolate covered almonds (they
don't melt), Pop Tarts, any kinda nuts, gorp, raisins, beef jerky. As
far as I know you just have to resign yourself to snack food.

I once went for a 5 day hike without a stove. After a couple days
I stopped thinking about 'real' food (except for the usual day and night dreams
about pizza, steak, and beer, which will occur anyway), and just ate for energy.

Richard
http://members.aol.com/hermaion/home.htm