Re: [at-l] Sleeping gear

Well Jason, I probably won't be much help but I wanted to throw my 2 cents
in anyway.  I haven't tried this, but will probably do so by the end of the
year.

How about buying a Feathere Friends sleeping bag(ummm.... can't remember
the name.... semi-rectangular sleeping bag... Puffin or something like
that...jeez, I was just looking at their catalog last night).  Anyways,
they had this 20-degree rated bag that can be opened up and used with their
special nylon groundsheet as a blanket.  The unfolded bag zips to the
groundsheet. The groundsheet also holds two thermarest pads.  It struck me
as being light.  The whole thing (including ground sheet) was, as I recall,
a little less than two pounds per person.  In addition, the catalog claimed
that an extra 4 oz. could be shaved off the weight by opting for their 1.1
oz. nylon (as opposed to their standard 1.4 oz. nylon) for bag
construction.  They also have an option to use 800 down (more warmth for
the weight, and therefore, a lighter bag for a specified temp. rating).  As
I understand it, FF will customize a bag for you, so that you could get one
with less down than normal for warmer weather (and therefore lighten the
bag even further).  The bag is expensive, however.  I don't know their
tele. number off-hand but they are based in Seattle.

http://www.hack.net/lists *