[at-l] Sleeping gear

Hi everyone,

As I posted before, my wife and I are doing a decent-sized section of the
Trail this summer.  We hope to be hiking from the middle of July to late
September heading south to Springer.  We are always looking for ways to
lighten the load and were wondering what the consensus (if that's
possible) of the list would be regarding sleeping gear for this time of
year.  We have TNF Cat's Meows but were thinking of sharing a Polartec
blanket (and maybe bug netting) or some such instead to save weight.  We
could always get the bags back later in the hike if need be.  Has anyone
hiked/slept using something other than a sleeping bag and what were your
experiences like?  We appreciate any input.  Thanks in advance,

Jason