Re: [at-l] Sleeping gear

Jason you're not the first to think of using blankets and such to lighten
the load. I often use a synthetic blanket with my bivi in mild weather
and have been for the most part comfortable. I have used a blanket or
light comforter and a ground cloth (plastic) to sleep out under the stars
too. I have never done this on an extended hike but have and do use this
method on hikes lasting several days. I must add though I have spent an
occasional cool night and have been soaked a couple of times too (it's
not going to rain, trust me) but all things said I like it. A warning
though, I have been accused of mild lunacy so try it first for yourself
on an overnighter (near a shelter).

woodelf