[at-l] Nudity

I take a group of 15 year old Girl campers from our church on the AT every
June and I'm just praying desperately that we do not run into NUDISTS.  How
would I handle 20 young women rolling with laughter at the sight?  How do I
explain this to the parents who already are quite apprehensive about
letting their daughters go out into the WILDERNESS with wild animals.  Now
we have to explain wild, hairy hikers with sunburned and bug-bitten tender
spots. (you know the parts I mean).  Take off the boots if you really want
to hike purely naked - if your are pure about nudity, you shouldn't need
that protection either.
Why not go to our board meetings in the skin suit, too?  Why not go
everywhere in the nude, shopping, school, welding, bike riding, mountain
climbing?  Naked police officers, soldiers, firefighters, yippee!   I go by
the scriptures as to how I should dress.  God made Adam and Eve coverings
of skins as a protection for their bodies when they were driven out of the
garden.   Protection against what, you may ask?  Insect bites, poisonous
plants, sunburn, windburn, rocks, thorns and thistles and also it gives the
attacking wild animals a bit of texture into which to get their teeth
stuck.  Before the fall of Adam there were no noxious weeds or pesty
animals or insects.  We are the most physically helpless, unprotected
creatures God ever made and its only our ingenuity and brain-centered
creativity that has kept us alive and on top of the food chain.  Every fish
can out-swim me.  Every deer, bear, dog can out-hike and out-run me. I
can't even begin to fly like a bird, I drop like a stone.  I reason
therefore I am.  If I did not reason I would cease to be.
Happy Clothed Hiking and God Bless,  Slim