[at-l] Those most would overlook

I like Antelope's reasoning as to why he "must hike his hike" of the AT this
year.  The albino squirrel.  How fascinating.  And how typical that something
like that go unregarded by the teeming hordes surrounding us.  Truth be, most
folks are fully absorbed with just about everything but the natural
environment.  And would likely sneer at those of us spending so much of our
"precious" time paying attention to it.  After all, it doesn't help us

"move up" in the world, or "pay the bills," or "put food on the table."
No, nature doesn't do these things for us.  Instead, it reminds us of
what's really important.  Living, learning, and learning to live with
nature as it is.  As long as most of us don't get the basics as such, there
will continue to be reasons to hike the AT as noble as that of Antelope.

No soapbox.  No soap at all, preferably.
- Blister>Free '96