[at-l] Preventing mold on meat in Maildrops

Hi,
	My Mom and I are planning to leave for Atlanta on Saturday to start our
thru-hike.  In the mean time we are madly packaging our mail drops.  I
have already lost some of my meat that wasn't frozen over the last
couple of months.  My concern is that when the meat is eventually
pulled out of the freezer and mailed to us will it go bad.  I estimate
it could be unrefrigerated for up to a month.  It has all been
dehydrated already.  The ground beef and plain jerky is pretty dry but
some of the sauces(honey&mustard, szechuan peanut) have left the jerky
sticky and moist.  How can I win the battle against mold?

I have a bag sealer that I have packed 6oz portions in.  It doesn't have
to be air tight.  I was thinking of adding a little oatmeal or rice to
soak up any residual moisture.  I have access to bulk silica gel but I
am hesitant to use it due to possible contamination.

Any prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

Amazon and his Mom(till she gets a trail name)

Kieran and Anne Lal
613-741-4715

Please mail me at this address because I am no longer in school and have
lost my accounts.
pvaino@intranet.ca