Re: [at-l] Gaiters & Insect Repellant

Hello all,

Preparation for my trek on the AT, which begins April 22, included purchase
of a
lightweight wet of gaiters.  I've never used them before and now I'm
wondering if I should leave them at home.  Would someone please explain if
they are used primarily for protection or warmth in snow, rain, morning dew,
bushwhacking, or, ?  Do you use them, and do you think I should take them
along?  Also, do you think I'll need any insect repellant between April 22
and May 30 starting north from Springer?  Thanks for your help.

Don (no trail name yet)
goin' there, doin' that.