[at-l] Zamberlan Boot Review

Ok, so here's the review I promised last week.

I bought (or exchanged for actually) a pair of Zamberlan GTX Civetta
boots to replace my de-lamming Vasques. They are a tad heavy, just under
4lbs for a pair of 9 1/2s. Gore-tex lined (I could give a shit less).
Anyway, I got out last weekend to do some climbing (rock that is) and
hiked around the Sunset rocks area of Lookout Mt in TN. I put around six
miles on them with some significant climbs and descents both on and off
trail. The boots are about 80% broken in now (with maybe six trail miles
and a few days of casual daily wear) and break in much much faster than
the Vasque boots I've owned. The Vibram sole has serious traction and
served me well through a few muddy sections. The boots are very
comfortable and fit my foot better than any boot I've tried. The ankle
support is phenomenal! The midsole is sufficiently stiff. The cost was
about $175, pretty typical for midweight all leather boots. All in all
I think these are FINE boots, they look like they could survive a nuclear
blast and come out alive with the cockroaches. I recommend taking a look
at the Zamberlan line if you're in the market for boots. They aren't the
best looking things in the world but it's about function, not form!

T minus 79 days,

Will Strickland -ANTELOPE- ME->GA '97
"May the four winds blow you safely home..."
  -- Grateful Dead--
Internet: gt0556d@prism.gatech.edu