Re: [at-l] A Ponderous Ponderance

Earlier this month another would-be thru-hiker  referred to the AT as "just a
walk."

You want to "take a little 3-month walk."

I don't know your hiking experience, and you didn't mention a time-frame, and
those would make a difference as far as any recommendations for gear are
concerned.

If you have never hiked the AT (or any other long trail), I would recommend
shorter two or three day walks on the AT.  I think you will find, although it
is "doable," is it also difficult.

Shorter walks would give you a better attitude toward walking the AT.  That's
the first adjustment you need.

Good Luck

Big E