Re: [at-l] Mysteries of backpacking

Sandra Downs wrote:

> Will the knowledgable amongst us please explain to me:
>
> 1. Why wrap duct tape around your nalgene bottle?

Because it beats carrying a whole roll of tape. And you can never be
without duct tape. Just ask MacGyver!!

> 2. How does a 5'5" woman hang a food bag high enough off the ground so the
> bears can't get to it but she can?

Very carefully. :)

Seriously, I just throw the rope over a fairly high branch, pull the
bear bag up about 15' for so and tie the other end of the rope off onto
the trunk or another tree. The next morning, just untie the rope, and
the bag will fall on your head. :)

--
Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven