[at-l] Re:dehydrator beef jerky recipe

We used 4lb round steak (makes a fourth) cut across the grain about inch by
inch.
marinated in soy sauce and jaleno peppers (juice and crushes peppers about
6 hours) then arranged on a tray without touching about 12 hours . We put
it in brown bags and then a zip lock bag in the freezer and dated the bag.
Shall I send you some? VBG>
Skylar (Bethany)
> From: Biasuki@aol.com
> To: at-l@saffron.hack.net
> Subject: [at-l] Dehydrators, camp shoes, stove fuel, etc.
> Date: Sunday, March 09, 1997 3:19 PM
>
> All this talk of dehydrators got me thinking and salivating... so I
headed
> off to the nearest wal mart and purchased the American Harvest
SnackMaster
> Pro. (retail just under $50)  It has a fan, 4 drying trays, and a solid
tray
> for making fruit roll ups. (I'm thinking more along the lines of
spaghetti
> sauce, though)  I'm not much of a cook, but the thought of adding some
> veggies to a lipton dinner, and perhaps some sort of fruit cobbler for
> deserts on the trail sounded appealling.  So now its time to start
> experimenting.  Hope I haven't deleted the old posts concerning
dehydrator
> tips and recipes.
>
> Also picked up a cheap pair of Teva imitations at Kmart.  My old pair are
on
> their last legs so to speak.  I came home and weighed the two pairs.  The
old
> real tevas weighed in at 18.5 oz.  The new pair of Kmart ones were only 9
oz.
>  Whoo Hoo!  They don't have the arch support that the Tevas had, but I
didn't
> hike in my Tevas back in 95 and don't really plan on doing it in the
future,
> so for me a good compromise.
>
> Regarding the questions concerning stove fuel.  Most places do allow you
> buy just what you need.  In the few places where that wasn't possible,
can't
> recall exactly where that is, but I think I remember it happening.
People

http://www.hack.net/lists *