[at-l] MRE's

<<
 Obviously you have.  Are you willing to share your wealth of information
with
 the rest of the hikers on this list?

Anybody who has been in the military or has had to live on MRE's for weeks on
end can attest to to following things.

1.  After your tenth, you notice they all have that same aftertaste.  Which
is the reason they put the Tobasco sauce in the meals, to kill the flavour.
2.  They give you heartburn
3.  They will plug up your digestive system for weeks on end, but if you are
lucky enough to be able to go,  it's been considered equal to giving birth.

Though if you do decide to take them,  I'd strongly recommend taking the Beef
Stew and the Spaggetti.  Also bring along anything that may make it taste
good(Some sort of laxative might be good too.)  Avoid anything with Tuna and
the Omelet.  And throw anything away that has the side dish Potato Au
Gratin(aka Rotten Potatoes), that is just plain nasty.  I hope none of you
pay more than 5 bucks for these, I've heard some people paying up to 10.  If
you do want some, find somebody in the military, I'm sure they'll be willing
to give you their extra's away for free.  I allways am.  Well I gotta go,
just thinking about this makes me constipated. LOL

"The Hobbler"