Re: [at-l] Umbrellas again

First of all, let me say that as mainstays of the list, those of you who
are shredding eachother over this umbrella thing are really hurting the
list.  Take it private, or drop it, please.

>That's all very good - but it leaves your pack hangin' out in the rain soaking
>up water - and therefore getting heavier.  Not a thruhiker attitude.

second, if this attitude is required to be a "thruhiker", then i'm going
to hike and not tell anyone.  Jim, let him hike his own hike.  you've
said it yourself.  how much my pack weighs has nothing to do with my hike
for me.  i've hiked nearly as much as moost of the rest of you on this
list (well maybe not but a lot) and never have i worried about how much
my pack weighed.  i know what i need, and when it's all in then on my
pack goes, and off i set.

>Walk softly,
>Jim

talk softly,

nater

--
     ...every color, and class, and rank; high officials
          and the beggar alike - all snored in the same