[at-l] Springer Fever Game

OK,  if there's gonna be a winner for the most rediculous "I'm so excited..."
 thing... I'm gonna be near the top.

   I've had my Whisperlite stove for a while... but never had to work on it
much.  (thanks, MSR)  I wanted to figure out all the parts, so I took the
thing apart... re-assembled it.  (ok, that's not so unusual, but read on)

   I was so excited to test it out and cook a meal... but I live in an
apartment complex without any private lawn space... and I'm just a little
self-conscious about cooking in the parking lot.  So I opened up the
fireplace... opened the flue... inserted the stove... and have since cooked
three meals in my fireplace.   Maybe that was a little more dangerous than I
realized... but it did bring the Springer Fever down a degree or two for a
while.

   Oh, and in a completely unrelated matter...
   I seem to remember my MSR Whisperlite stove used to burn with a totally
blue flame.  Since my handiwork [a complete coincidence, I'm sure  ;-)  ] it
burns a bit differently.  The base of the flame is still blue... but the the
top of the flame is now orange.  Is that normal, or have I screwed something
up?

   Thanks for the tips on the first day at springer, and thanks in advance
for any tips on the stove.

John
LiveShot  '97    (ok, so i didn't get it on the Trail.  It was given

                           me by co-workers in the TV news business)

PS:  the flame rings go:  flat, wavy, flat, wavy, gravy, flat, groovy, phat,
and hot pink.... right?