Re: [at-l] Re: at-l Pack Covers

> > Has anyone used a poncho that is designed to fit over you &
> > your pack?

>  I think that ponchos work as well as rainsuits as long as you are
> below tree-line.  Once you get exposed above tree-line, the wind will
> blow your poncho around so much that you can get very wet.

My landlord did the continental divide from southern NM to the Canadian
border in 96.  He said that he didn't have a pack cover and used a poncho
instead.  He didn't like it cuz the poncho was always sliding off and
didn't completely cover his huge pack.  However, the continental divide
is a lot more windy than the AT.

Nelson