[at-l] AT-L RE:Fuel

Emily asked

>  I have heard that the
>  fuel will go bad after a while, so I am concerned that I won't use it up
>  fast enough... but it seems like a hassel to find a place that sells it
>  byu the ounce every time I go backpacking.  I suppose it isn't too
>  expensive, even if some does go to waste.

Here's my story on aging of fuel:

About 6-7 years ago one of my neighbors went wild at a
going-out-of-business sale that a local department store was having.
He  bought 6 or 7 cans (1 gallon each) of Coleman fuel.

Then about 5 years ago, my neighbor moved and decided he really
didn't want to take the fuel with him.  So he gave it to me.

I am still using it, with no problems.

I will say that I usually use up a gallon within a year of when I
open it.  Maybe the fuel wouldn't last years once opened.

Bob