Re: [at-l] Hard Core Edward Abbey Fans?

Some leads....

http://www.alternatives.com/groups/wwwgreen/frazzled.htm
This URL produced that quote and said "Earth First" beside it.
Did he write something by this name did it just ahppen to appear in an
Earth First publication??

From Abbey Web:

(http://www.utsidan.se/abbey/ar95/0418.html)

Mark Mckenzie (MCKENZMA@slcc.edu)
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 14:47:30 -0600

I found this tacked to a wall in a local store. Can anyone tell me where
it
came from.

<same quote deleted>

Steven C. Partain (spartain@mail.wiscnet.net)
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 12:09:19 -0500

I promise you this:
>you will outlive the bastards."

Mark,

This is one of my favorites from Abbey, as well. I, too, have it tacked on
my bulletin board at work for an occasionally needed recentering.

The quote is in a collection book entitled: The Earth Speaks, edited by
Steve Van Matre and Bill Weiler. They don't give the source of the quote;
suspect it may be unpublished elsewhere. That book, by the way, offers a
number of excellent quotes from a wide range of nature writers and
thinkers.

Steven