Re: [at-l] Eminent domain

Tilton and Jan Willcox wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> This discussion about loss of AT lands, eminent domain and how people feel about
> the ATC and NPS has been really interesting and thought provoking.  I'd like to
> pose a question to some of the nay-sayers of the doctrine of eminent domain:
> Have you ever visited a state or national park?
>
>               <<A whole bunch of well-written and pertinent stuff deleted>>

> Bottom line, folks:  If it weren't for eminent domain, we wouldn't be posting
> to this list!  Enjoy it, and good hiking!
>
> Peace,
> Jan

Even so, I still think I would prefer it to take place like this:

Uncle Sam: Hey Fred, that's a nice rock you got there. What do you call
it?
Fred: El Capitan.
U.S.: Want to sell it?
Fred: Naaah.
U.S.: Well, if you ever do, can I have first dibs? Or, hey, how bout when
you're done with it, we'll buy it from your kids and let them use it too.

Thats much better than:
U.S.: Hey Fred, we're here for you land. Get out.

I think we would all find something else worthwhile to do, and someplace
to do it, with out the parks, etc. I hope we don't have to find out,
though.

Felix

It ain't much, but try http://members.tripod.com/~Felixhikes/index.html