Re: [at-l] Eminent domain

Unfortunately, its never that simple.  Fred will probably be grinding up El
Cap for gravel for the local mega-mall.  I wonder if there is a scholarly
study of how the US obtained the land that it/we own?  Somehow I doubt that
much of it was obtained by e.d.  Even so, I'm glad that we/gov't have that
as a last resort option.
   The thought occurs that many laws govern what we can and can't do with
our "personal" property, all the way from zoning to standard laws against
illegal activity.  We just don't live on our own plot and its ten miles to
the next plot.  For better or for worse, we're sort of together (my nickel:
better most of the time!).