[at-l] Dana packs

Hey Sandy

I took your challenge this weekend.  I tried my friends Dana(Terraplane)
out for the weekend.  We had it adjusted by our local gear guru to fit my
back(to start out with I was almost exactly the same height and weight as
my friend).  Then I tried to carry it up and over Standing Indian for the
weekend.  The verdict..

You are somewhat right.  The adjusted Dana was much more
comfortable(than the non-adjusted one I tried earlier). The
full stay in the back seemed to carry weight better than the two small
stays in my pack.  However there is no lumbar support.  And the shoulder,
back, and hip pads are insufficient for me.  I don't condsider myself to
be a bony person either(6' 195#).  So I still wouldn't trade my Lowe for a
Dana but I can see where others would.  I also hear that the Dana are made
to last longer, and I have to admit that I love some of the cool features
of the pack.

Truce

James Bigler                           Chemical Engineering Undergraduate
email: gt8054b@prism.gatech.edu
homepage: http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~jb182