[at-l] Ripped Rain Jacket

> I notice a 3/4" rip in the arm of rain jacket today.  Any advice on
> repairs?  I imagine I should sew it back together somehow.  The problem is
> that I am pretty ignorant when it comes to sewing.  Any special tips that
> will make it more waterproof or strong(special stitch or thread)?
>
> Thanks guys.
>
> James Bigler                           Chemical Engineering Undergraduate

If the jacket is expensive, it may be worth your while to have it professionally
repaired.  check with the manufacturer of the jacket.  Also, Campmor has what
I have found to be a pretty good repair dept.

If it is a cheap one, then sew it up and seal the new seam if it is on the
top of the arm.

Happy trails
Rich