[at-l] Re: Vasque

Before future thru-hikers start throwing their Vasques in the trash:  I
put 1200 miles on my Clarion GTX boots and just bought another pair.
This year's model brings the sole-type material (sorry I'm enough of a
non-gearhead to blank on what the stuff is called) well over the toe
which may help with insufficient glue.

Different people wear different equipment differently.  I love Vasque
boots for me.  I have had no contact with customer support.

MSR also gets a bad-quality rap.  I had no problems with my MSR stove
whatsoever and got a little tired of condescending gearheads on the Trail
seeing me pull my MSR out and then from over their different stove say,
"So, how many times has your stove broken?"  I'd politely say, "none" and
try to change the subject.

|Dan Grossman       danieljg@rice.edu     "My opinions are always my own|
|6360 S. Main       Sid Room 602	     and are never shared by as |
|Houston, TX 77005  (713) 630-8678           many people as I wish."    |
|http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~danieljg      GA->PA 96, PA->ME 97         |