No Subject

>I have a question of a slightly different nature.  How many of you
>backpackers have partners/mates whom have NO desire in participating in
>your interest ?

My wife always says she wishes that she liked hiking and backpacking so that
she could enjoy it with me.  But she has absolutely no interest in the
activity.  However,  she is very content to have me enjoy backpacking.  I
enjoy solo hiking.  She is concerned about my safety and, therefore,
encourages me to find people to hike with.  She is trying to get me to carry
a cell phone when I do my thru hike after retiring in 2002.

      Art Cloutman