RE: Ranting fron the Radical Left (was: [at-l] Itinerary/Safety)

-- [ From: Kurtis Kirsch * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

> Date: Saturday, 11-Jan-97 04:50 AM
>
> To be honest with you when I posted that
> original message I expected a deluge of rantings by the radical left but
that
> did not happen.  I is nice to be part of a group of folks with open
minds.

> Take it easy,
> Dean

Violence, all violence is wrong.  If you can justify one act of violence,
you justify all violence.  The preceding statement is my personal opinion.

When humans lived closer to a state of nature, violence was necessary for
survival.  We began to communicate, and we used reason to help us to
cooperate with each other.  Then we started to build communities to try to
defend ourselves from nature, and built the weapons to accomplish this
common goal.  And we flourished.  Human beings were now on top of the food
chain {except all of the micro-organisms that feed off of us ; ) .}  Once
we had defended ourselves from our animal brethren, we found out that the
enemy we had to defend ourselves from was each other.  So, we built big and
better weapons.  Those, with a common interest banded together.  Then the
circular thinking had began:  I've got a big gun, but even if I've got the
biggest gun, eventually some one's gonna build one just as big, so I gotta
build and even bigger gun to stay just one step ahead of some potential
enemy.  This thinking has been passed down, generation after generation,
until we built the thermo-nuclear gun.  We've come to a turning point in
human history, we have to come up with a better answer than building a
bigger gun. (see above, my personal opinion)

I watch football and boxing, and I eat meat, both of which I feel are bit
hypocritical to my own personal opinion, but hey, I'm human, I've got some
evolving to do.  To me, non-violence is the only answer to the bigger gun
problem.  If the masses stood up to their government's, non-violently of
corse, to destroy all weapons, to redistribute the wealth more equitabily,
to stop poluting the environment, just think what a great place this would
be!  Hey, I know it's a pipe dream, but I'm a dreamer, a radical dreamer.

I respect you for your opinions, having an opinion, any opinion, is better
than having no opinion at all.

		have fun,

		Kurt
		kurt.kirsch@internetmci.com

There were days,
there were days,
there were days, I know.
When all we ever wanted,
was to learn and love and grow.
When we grew into our shoes,
we told them where to go.
Walked halfway around the world,
on promise of the glow
Stood upon a mountain top.
Walked barefoot in the snow.
Gave all we had to give,
how much we'll never know, . . . . never know.

                                 Robert Hunter