Re: [at-l] Vitamin "I" and other pain relievers

<<

 Does anyone on the list use pain relievers other than aspirin, tylenol,
 ibuprofen, or naprosin that they have found effective? I use two hiking
 poles also, and have found that this is a good "non-drug" method of
 relieving knee pain.

 Peter H. Fornof

I would like to add to the above question.

Does anyone on the list use pain relievers other than aspirin, tylenol,
 ibuprofen, or naprosin that they have found effective?  AND safe for very
sensitive stomachs?

I have had 2 knee surgeries, and have intermittent (bad) back pain due an old
back injury (I broke my backbone many, many years ago, but it is currently
stable, or so the doctors tell me.).  The muscles around my backbone support
my back, but they get pretty P O'd every once and a while (my disks get do a
little unhappy dance too) & I need to take something for the pain.
My problem is, that I have severe stomach problems any time I take ANY anti
inflammitories.  Coated pills, pills taken with tons of stomach settling
medicine, pills after tons of food, any pills (anti inflamitiories), they all
make me sick.  All I can take is Tylenol, which doesn't help the swelling.

Does anyone have any ideas, help, suggestions, home remedies (know a good
witch doctor)?

Thanks & Happy Holidays,

Russ
TrailAt@aol.com