Re: [at-l] Vitamin "I" and other pain relievers

TrailAt@aol.com wrote:

> >swelling.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas, help, suggestions, home remedies (know a good
> witch doctor)?

My father (67) swears that chewing on willow twigs/branches helps to
soothe his aches when he is out on the trail. I'm sure you know that an
active ingredient of aspirin is found in willow, in its unrefined state
of course. We've heard a few Native people say the same thing on TV over
the years and my father always looks at me and says, "They're right!"

hope this helps,

Doug

--
       Doug Gibbons, Port aux Basques, Newfoundland

       http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ae050/Profile.html

       A happy heart goes on forever.
       (Winter's Tale [Shakespeare])