Re: [at-l] Water Filters the PURfect choice...

In a message dated 96-12-17 12:14:32 EST, raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (Diana
^(raven)^) writes:

<<
 I think they are referring to the filter CARTRIDGE that goes inside the
 filter. They are good for 100 gallons, more or less depending on the
 model you use. They also cost $10 to $20 a pop depending on what filter
 you are using.

 If you are going on a weekend or weeklong trip, I don't think it makes
 any sense to throw out the cartridge unless there is damage to it or it
 is old. Seems like a waste of money to get a new one *every* time you go
 on a new trip. They technically should last long enough for a few trips.

------Be sure and dry the filter out good after you get home.  I always run
clean water through it and a little bleach as indicated under the directions
for storage.  I have had problems with mildew if I don't get it completely
dry before putting it away.  Dry, dry, dry!  Nothing tastes worse than water
pumped through a mildewed filter!

IL Fltlndr