[at-l] Water Filters the PURfect choice...

> Mike wrote:
>
> Do you have to throw out
> the $40 filters after every trip, or can you reuse on the next trip.

No, you can clean it and reuse it many times.  I've pumped around 50
gallons of water through my Scout on several different trips and I
haven't replaced the filter yet.

> how long can you let the filter sit without it "going bad" before
> reusing it.

I don't think it will "go bad" if you clean it good and let it dry.
I'm not sure, but I've used mine over two hiking seasons without any
problem.

                                 -Tom