[at-l] hornets, wasps & yellow jackets, oh my!

probably the most frequent injury that i incurred on my hike was bee stings.
mostly they occurred up in new england, after the weather warmed up.  there
was a stretch in maine where at least one of six of us got stung four days
in a row.  over five months, i think i got stung maybe four or five times.

as i recall, you were most likely to be stung while walking thru a recent
relocation.  whether this was because the relo disturbed existing nests, or
the wasps like to build their nests from all the detritus created from a
relo, i don't know.

was my experience an anomaly?  how many others sustained multiple stings?

mike
ke kaahawe