snowshoes

The list went down on Monday right after I sent this message.  Oops...Did I
break it???  Anyway, I'm re-sending incase anybody else had 2 cents to throw
in.  (Thanks Jeff & Zach for your wise advice already)

Hope everyone gets out there this weekend...
Jen

>Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:11:13 -0400
>To: at-l@inc.net
>From: Jennifer Delia Sawyer <jdsawyer@hopper.unh.edu>
>Subject: snowshoes
>
>There was a good 2 inches of snow in the Whites this weekend.  Therefore...
>
>I'm looking for some expertise about snowshoes.  Never had 'em, never
wanted 'em...not sure what I'd do with 'em.  So what do y'all know about
brands, styles, etc.?  I'm definitely price-sensitive...need to stay under
$180.   What kind of special stuff will I need to affix them to my pack or
is there something else you do with them when you're not wearing them?
Looking to do some 2-3 day weekend adventures this winter.

>(Did you read that Zach...snowshoes!  Can you believe it???  Winternetters
beware!)

>Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a plethora of great advice!
>
>Poohbear

Jennifer Delia Sawyer		|	"Be the best you can be
Hall Director			|	in the place that you are;
Department of Residential Life		|	and be kind.
University of New Hampshire		|	Kind to yourself,
Durham, NH  03824		|	Kind to others and
(603) 862-3812			|	Kind to the land."
jdsawyer@hopper.unh.edu		|		-- Helen Neering