Re: [AT-L] Re:pinched nerves

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, John A. Scott wrote:

> At 11:08 PM 9/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
> > I carried my pack with no
> >back problems for 500 miles, but then it suddenly began to put pressure on
> >a nerve in my lower back. Now the pack constantly irritates that area, even

> waist band in the front.It also did not fit well and kept sliding down my
> flat working man's ass so I had to really reef it in tight.  I finally

It had slipped my mind before, but now that I think about it, I had a
similar problem last time i went out on the trail (waaaay to long ago).  I
have pretty scarawny hips, and have to keep my hipbelt on really tight to
keep it from sliding, so much so that I got bruises and chafing on my
hips (also, I don't think the fairly new hipbelt was broken in well).

This could have been the cause of my problems too.

jeff
Jeff Mosenkis,
University at Albany -                 Telecommunications Department-
Psych, Anthro, Judaic Studies                  "IP Slave"

jm1360@cnsvax.albany.edu

"Welcome to the psychotherapy hotline.  If you are obsessive-compulsive,
please press '1' repeatedly.  If you are co-dependant, please have someone
else press '2' for you.  If you have multiple-personality disorder, please
press '4', '5', and '6'.  If you are paranoid, don't press anything, we know
where you are and what you want."