Gregory warantee and Crestone II

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Howard Breinan wrote:
>    If I had one complaint, it is that the waist belt seems to loosen
> a bit after a while on the trail, and I have to retighten it.  I am not
> sure how common this is in other packs.

	I'm not sure if my post went through the other day about my
feelings on Mt.smith packs, basically I said that they have had problems
with their hipbelts.
	You might try keeping the anvil and hip stabilizer straps a
little looser if you can, this should create less tension pulling the
sides of the belt back.

On another note, I took my fairly new Gregory Wind River out the other
weekend, and it was OK.  I think the frame is a little big for me, but it
is not too bad.
On the first day, the hipbelt buckle cracked (I fell and banged it) and a
whole piece came off the back.  Fortunately the break stopped just short
of making it not able to buckle, so I was able to use it for the rest of
the weekend (it would have been a real disaster if the break had been
just a couple of centimeters wider).

I don't blame Gregory, a fastex buckle is a fastex buckle, it could have
happened on any brand.  Anyway, I went to my local Gregory dealer (Ragged
Mountain, in Albany - *fantastic* pack selection by the way - anything you
could possibly want including Dana, Arc Teryx, and maybe Osprey!!) and asked
them if they could replace the buckle.
They said that they didn't have any extras and I should call Gregory.
I did this AM and the customer service rep was really nice.  He was very
apologetic and said that Ragged Mtn should have replaced the buckle for
me (off a pack from stock?) and said that he was sending a replacement out
to me immediately (as well as a bunch to them for future problems).
I was really impressed by the attitude there.  Hopefully if anything else
goes wrong they will be just as helpful.

jeff

Jeff Mosenkis,
University at Albany - Psych, Anthro, Judaic Studies

jm1360@cnsvax.albany.edu

"Welcome to the psychotherapy hotline.  If you are obsessive-compulsive,
please press '1' repeatedly.  If you are co-dependant, please have someone
else press '2' for you.  If you have multiple-personality disorder, please
press '4', '5', and '6'.  If you are paranoid, don't press anything, we know
where you are and what you want."