Re: holidays

I hiked on Easter, the 4th of July, Halloween, and Thanksgiving in '94,
mainly because I ws such a slow hiker and I refused to leave the Trail
until I got it done!  Holidays are a blast, because hikers that are out
there do really fun things to create a holiday atmosphere.  We built a
pilgrim/hiker snowman and celebrated Thanksgiving with pretzels and power
bars, giving thanks that we could actually be out in the woods and
hiking.  On halloween we wore costumes, even though by then there were
very few hikers on the Trail (just a lot of hunters).  We started on
Easter Sunday; gavethe ranger at Amicalola a shock by walking into the
office in my Easter dress and annoucing I was planning to thru-hike!
Hope everyone had a happy Easter and blessed Passover this year.

Tara
Trail Snail, GA>Harpers Ferry<ME '94