New Lurker and Stove question

Hi,
I just recently joined the list and am very interested in all the topics I
have been reading about so far.  I'm hoping to do the trail in '97 and am
using this year to warm/psych up and train.  I'm doing the West Coast Trail
later this summer and a couple of other weekend trips as well.

I have a question though.  I managed to dig up my brother's old whisperlite
stove but I've never used it before.  There aren't any directions or
anything and I was wondering what the proper lighting procedure is for this
before I go setting myself on fire.  Thanks to anyone who can offer some
tips.

Brent
brc@vines.gems.gov.bc.ca