Re: section-hiker trail name

>Is it appropriate for section-hikers to take a trail name?  The talk about
>Strider's name got me to thinking.  I didn't know if that was socially
>verboten for the sectioners or not.
>
>Jim Greenway

I guess people have different opinions on this, but two thru hikers gave me
the name Strider. Considering that I've hiked way over 2,000 miles, on many
trails, I don't exactly think that I'm a rookie. I personally don't see
anything wrong with it.

Also, in reading the shelter journals, it is obvious that many people who
have trail names are not thru-hikers.

Pete Fornof
Broknspoke@AOL.Com
ATHiker@Plantnet.com