Shorts riding up

I've got a personal problem on the trail.  Does anyone else have this
problem, and what is the solution?  (Silly answers permitted.)

It could be my pack hipbelt.  I carry a North Face Snow Leopard. I have
problems with my shorts riding up into you know where and I'm constantly
picking my seat. :-(
The only solution I have found is to wear those skin tight shorts.  I have
tried
polyester/nylon. If there's a solution better than this I would sure like to
know it.  I would really like a larger choice of shorts.  I think the
solution is either to get a new pack or to get narrower hips (I'm female).
 It's a problem that is embarrassing, but maybe someone else out there as
experienced the same irritation.  HELP!

IL Fltlndr