Re: Snake Bit Kits

I've seen the odd copperhead at various places along the AT here
in the mid-Atlantic region.  Never carried a snake bite kit -- I'm not
particularly impressed with the typical "slash 'n suck" kits...my
biggest snake concern was always that the dog would come
across something venomous before I could call him off...

Seems to me that snake bite kits are the electrical outlet covers of the
backpacking world.  Dubious protection against an unlikely hazard.

The most dangerous critter you'll encounter on the trail is
human...what have you got in your pack to deal with one of THOSE? :-)

jim
jloudon@gic.gi.com