Re: Snake Bit Kits

In 3 years of hiking the trails in the Great Smoky Mountains Natl. Park,
I have seen (1), one, uno.....Eastern Diamondback rattler.

I'm not a weight-phobe....so I'd say if it gives you comfort, go ahead
and carry a sanke bite kit.  Ill Flatlander is right however....the
chances are SLIGHT, you'll ever use the thing.  You'll just be carrying
weight....course it makes a good conversation piece.  Snake gaiters are
another possiblility...but those are even heavier.

Jerry Curry                              17047 Martel Rd.
Research Associate                       Lenoir City, TN
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN                37772
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
                                         (423)988-8677
jwcurry@utkux.utk.edu

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
 way its animals are treated."
-- Mohandas Ghandi, The Moral Basis of Vegetarianism