Re: Snake Bit Kits

One Step:

I gotta wonder why you think you need a snake bite kit.  I understand (not
due to personal experience  mind you) that if bit by a poisonous snake, the
best plan of action is to walk to the nearest help.  On the AT you generally
aren't all that far from a road (carry your map & compass).  It just rarely
happens anyway on the AT that anyone gets bit.
After 475 miles of AT under my hipbelt, I haven't seen a poisonous snake yet,
but I know they are there.  So...who am I to talk?  Anyone else have any
input?

Illinois Flatlander