[at-l] OT - Slide conversion to digital

I don't know about a reasonable slide scanner - when you find out let me
know - my father has 40 years worth of slides we should convert.

As for going to DVD - I just went through this, Weathercarrot and Clyde were
great helps. Weathercarrot uses I-movies (it's a Mac product I believe), but
he and Radar steered me towards Pinacle, which I found on-line for $40. Be
aware, and I think a lot of programs are going that way, that this is the
basic product... and if you want to do zooms and pans they'll hit you for a
$10 "key". Extra special effects - another $10 key, etc. Even so for $60 it
now does everything I want.
Two more points - it's basically a video editor, so I think I'm using very
little of the capabilities making slide shows. Second, while the video side
of the program is quite good, the audio side didn't really impress me.
Weathercarrot told be about Audacity.com (FREE download) which I thought was
much better (again, there's a lot more capacity there than I really use)...
you do whatever audio work you need to do in Audacity and import it into
Pinacle, no problem.
Last and not least - not having used any digital video program before - I
was not impressed with the manual. But Clyde is a great at-l on-line
resource!

skeeter