[at-l] 'View Tax' Triggers Revolt in Rural N.H.

In a message dated 11/1/2005 4:21:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

The  problems is, what do we do about it?  How do you stop  it?

Why would you want to take on that responsibility?  A long time ago  (before
the George Washington Bridge was built) a family in South Yonkers, NY  had a
"summer home" in the Bryn Mawr section of Yonkers where they spent every
summer.  Heck, I know people who have a summer place on their Estate on  Long
Island where they live year round.  They just move to the "summer  place" each
Memorial Day Weekend and then move back to their year round home  each Labor Day
Weekend.  Around NYC (actually in NJ) there are communities  that used to be
strictly summer communities and which are now year round  commuter homes.  As
the population grows and as people become more affluent  it is a fact of life
that they will choose to purchase a place to have for  summer activities and
possible retirement.

Now, the smart thing to do is to find a neighborhood that is run down and  in
need of repair and take the time and opportunity to invest in a home that
will be more valuable in 20 to 40 years.  But someone has already thought  of
that.

Another strategy is to spend all of one's spare time in pursuit of  adventure
while secure in a home of one's choice in a city with good  transportation
but within an hour's drive to hiking facilities (Parks,  Trailheads, Lakes,
Beaches, etc.).  But with the many on this list I am  sure that there are other
opinions on this subject.

Skylander