[at-l] Fw: Gathering Questions

In a message dated 10/13/2005 7:19:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

2) Is  there a problem arranging camping with Storr's Pond?
This  could be the show-stopper. Storr's Pond is no longer run as a
campground,  it spends the summer in use as a daycamp. We're very lucky to
have the use  of it for the Gathering weekend. If this status changes it
would be very  difficult to have the Gathering in Hanover.

There are many factors involved in the planning of a Gathering.   Housing is
one.  Storr's Pond is a great place.  Perhaps an active  liaison with those
who run Storr's Pond is necessary.  The location is  terrific.

There are other available campgrounds that might be a little farther than
walking distance but then again (as far as I know) I am the only one who walked
into Hanover and back while camping at Storr's Pond.  There are State
Campgrounds in Vermont that are a few miles distant and which have hot showers,
etc., available for campers.  There is also a campground near Lebanon, NH  (I am
told) that is pretty nice.  Other options can be explored in the area  of
Hanover, as well.

Skylander