[at-l] TJ Bitching

At 06:20 PM 10/10/2005 -0400, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:
>I had slept in a Hammock the night before and was  I wet.
>  Some places in NH got 11 inches of rain and I think almost that  much
> was in
>my hammock.  I was floating.  The temp dropped into the  50s or high 40s and
>it was rather uncomfortable.

Analysis please. Why were you wet? Water running down lines/too small or
poorly placed fly/condensation from chilly temps without insulation below?
What kind of hammock?

I've had problems with waking up with a wet butt in my Clark when temps
drop in to the 40s. They made the bed of coated nylon (bad idea) so when it
gets cool and moisture from my body condenses on the inside, it all runs
down by my butt. A blue foam pad helps a lot by eliminating the condensation.

BTW you should have gone to Ed Speers' hammock workshop if he did one. Very
enlightening.